Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Wouldn't it be nice to not wonder? Or would it?

I wonder what it would be like
to never wonder.
To go to bed each night,
knowing I had one mother.
To never feel the need to protect them
from each other.
Always knowing where I came from 
and never having to wonder.
To see my face as as she walks by
as a reflection in the mirror.
To know that my talents too
would soon appear.
To have the same interests,
maybe even to fit in.
Being original all the time adds to a loneliness
to have the  same interests as my kin.
I wonder what it would be like
to never wonder.
What would it be like to be on the inside
looking out with the rest?
I wonder what it feels like
to have one mother
To not have to watch my words,
to not have to bite my tongue
to not have to protect anyone from each other
I wonder what it would be like.
I wonder what it would be like to totally embrace
and to totally be embraced with a love from only one mother.
Really, I just wonder.

No comments:

Post a Comment