Saturday, May 14, 2011

It's time to start my blog............

I asked people "What more can I do in my search?" The reply was Blog.
Here we go.
What are my hopes?
They haven't changed since the time I was young. I want to find my birth family.
I have succeeded after nearly 21 years or actively searching in finding some of my truth.
It was almost 7 years ago that a search angel called me and told me my birth mothers name. 
Dottye Robertson Moore.
We laughed at the way she spelled her name. When I got off of the phone I went to the internet and logged into the adoption search group that I belonged too. I put her name in the search box and it came back with 0 results.
I was 32 years old and couldn't help but to wonder why Dottye wasn't looking for me.
I sat outside and wrote her a note. I didn't know if she would want to talk to me or not. I wrote the note in hopes of at least one phone call. If she would not speak to me, then the note would be mailed to her. 
I filled Dottye in on the basics of my life, I did not give her too much detail. When I finished the note, I looked at it and then threw it in the trash. Something didn't feel right.
I went to bed knowing that I would have contact information for her very soon.
I hoped that she would hear me out.................

http://www.RememberDottye.com

1 comment:

  1. Step by step. Las Vegas is in need of redemption. We need a purpose. We need to feel useful, not used full. I feel this search is a quest for both of us, our past, our history, our future. Thank you for reaching out and asking.

    ReplyDelete