Friday, July 1, 2011

If you questioned my sanity before.........

I spent today sending out emails to each establishment I could find in the La Voce paper that I had picked up during my March visit to Las Vegas. Why not. My father was Italian, so why not reach out to other Italians?
I did get one reply and hope he will continue to spread the word.
That's not the nuts part, though to some it might be border line.
Going to try not to get too personal here. Me, not personal! lol
Daisy did a pee in the hall this morning. All I could think was because the grass was wet and we had been out of  town maybe she decided she'd do it her way? She slunk down as she walked past the spot and I assured her that it was ok.
Daisy is my 9 and a half year old long coated mini dachshund. She has been, shall we say, special needs her entire life. Back surgery was a success. But she has always had female issues and can not have any vaccines at all. She almost went to the bridge after a bee sting, then a black widow bite, then another bee sting.
When we leave Daisy she can shut down sort to speak. She gets nervous and then her body just shuts down. Maybe kind of like when we travel and catch a cold?
I cleaned up her mess and we went on with our day. I had been a little concerned, she has been tired since we have been back home but I think that is the heat. Today she has been in great spirits.
I came home to give her a snack as well as her baby brother Duke. They get one at 8 pm every night because she has to have meds given to her 12 hours apart. I took them outside after their snack and Daisy was a good girl again and did her pee out in the grass. I let her in and stayed out with Duke for a few more minutes. When I came in I noticed the puddle on the kitchen tile, and the big ol "I'm sorry" doxie eyes of Daisy Mae looking up at me. 
Again, I cleaned it up and assured her it was not her fault, for I know it is not and getting angry will not make anyone feel better.

The personal part? Way TMI but Monday I had my OBGYN appointment. I go every 6 months to make sure my left ovary is not growing some sort of new tumor. I checked out A ok however they noticed blood in my urine and ran it to be sure that I didn't have a UTI. I don't, not sure what the blood was from.

I told my husband over the phone what was giong on this evening and I said "Do I need to mention to you the blood in my urine this week" to which I could hear him smile as he said no.
He then called me a total head case.
He knows it is true.
I've been given a special connection with Daisy Mae, a medical connection. I don't think I have it with Duke and I only had a tad of it with Nugget, but I have always had it with Daisy and in a way it makes me wish I had been able to have or made the choice to have had a child.

If I had been paying attention I would have known on Monday that Daisy was about to have a health issue. Usually I present signs with out any medical diagnosis to back it up, before she does. Mind you I'm sure my signs are much weaker then hers since there is never an actual condition (unless crazy woman is a medical condition!) but with Daisy she usually has to be put on meds.

So, I often worry when I have a migraine that Day or Duke are hurting as well. If my back is sore for no good reason I give Daisy and Duke a massage just to be on the safe side. When my allergies and acting up with a basket full of tissues, I tend to their teary eyes as well.

We've been blessed to have Daisy healthy for several months in a row now. We've been blessed to have her when she is not healthy, heck even near death. This dog has taught me more then some people in my life have taught me! I'm sure we'll get her to the vet and she will check out fine.
What I'm not sure of is why I felt the need to share it with so many who might now walk over to their significant others and laugh their butts off!

Maybe because I am proud that I can walk in the door and know just what my fur kids need. And when I walk inthe door, they know just what I need as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment