Thursday, July 14, 2011

7 years ago today ~ A name

It was 7 years ago today that my searcher called me and shared with me my first mothers name.
A name.
I finally had a name!
Dottye Robertson Moore.
We giggled at he way that she spelled her name with a "ye" rather then "ie".
I could only imagine what she must be like.
She would be in her 50's.
Would she even want to know me?
I hoped that she would speak to me at least once.
I went online to my adoption search groups and typed in her name.
Nothing.
Not a single mention of her name on any of the search sites?
Well that's fine, maybe she wasn't looking for me.
I had her name now so there's not a thing that can stop me now!
If she doesn't want to talk I'll at least get her to send me a photo, tell me who else I am related to and tell me medical information.
If she doesn't want to do any of that, well I will just show up at her front door and demand it!
My first mother is Dottye Robertson Moore.
7 years ago today I had thought, I had hoped that I would be able to call her soon.

This now 7 years later, I am flooded with hope by total strangers who are joining me in my journey to find my truth.
They are hopping onto this crazy ride, and they do not even know my middle name or favorite color.
It's amazing what hope can bring.
It's fascinating what Dottye is still able to do with her look from a photo, to make people want to know what is on the inside of that soul.
Continued hope during what was one of the worst weeks of my life, as well as the best.
Continued hope!

No comments:

Post a Comment