Tuesday, December 6, 2011

DNA = Do Not Ask

All the DNA testing in the world might not get me the answers I dream of having some day if the right people don't take the test.
The right people are who?
Oh you know, someone related to my birth father like his brother, son or father!
I can dream..................
Some days I wake up and can feel that little black cloud trying to sneak over my head.
I tried to race it today.
I hurried up and did my normal morning routine with the pets.
I could feel that cloud getting larger and it was only 9 am. I decided to do my hair a bit differently, I liked it enough.
The cloud however remained.
Depression?
Weather?
Self Pity?
DNA?
What ever it was I did the usual of trying to hide it.
I took some time off of the computer.
I shopped and didn't find a thing to buy.
I napped.
I waited.
I smiled.
I smiled because sometimes faking it works.
Shannon got home at the end of his own very long day, in time to let me crawl up on his lap for a much needed snuggle, rock and hug.
See some days it doesn't matter what I do, the cloud remains.
Other days it only seems to matter what those around me to.
Today Shannon did the right thing.
He didn't ask questions.
He just held me and let me breath out a huge sigh of relief.
We have no idea how much time we will have here in this life.
And for someone like me, that alone can not lift the cloud. 
A little love without question, judgment or suggestions with a little comfort from a hug.
Yup. Some days THAT is what it takes.

No comments:

Post a Comment